The V&E Greenline is funded entirely by donations from members of the local community. If you’ve enjoyed using the Greenline before, please consider supporting the Greenline by volunteering or making a donation.
Make a Donation
As an amenity that is entirely funded by the community, donations are crucial to keeping the Greenline alive. Donations go to things like insurance, equipment repair, and many expenses that keep the trail looking great. The easiest way to donate is to click on the PayPal icon and select your donation amount. Alternately, you can mail a check payable to V&E Greenline at 1680 Jackson Avenue, Memphis 38107.
Tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. Suggested donation amounts are:
Having started out as an overgrown railroad, the Greenline was cleaned & set up by members of the local community. This is still the way the Greenline is maintained. Come help keep our neighborhood beautiful by volunteering on the next clean-up day!
- There are group cleanups such as trimming overgrowth or removing a tree that fell in a storm. Potential volunteers are notified by email so let the V&E Greenline know if you want to be placed on the list.
- The most important need is committee members to attend the monthly meetings. It is a friendly and dedicated group of residents that identify V&E Greenline needs and discuss strategies for solving the problems.
- There is a need for volunteers to adopt sections of the trail and come out on their own time to do tasks such as picking up limbs, picking up litter, and doing other tasks.
- There is a need for volunteers to be involved in activities such as going to meetings to represent the V&E Greenline, helping with mailings, taking photographs, taking minutes at meetings and many other activities.
- The V&E Artwalk is a major undertaking and volunteers are needed to help plan the event and adopt a task that they follow through until the event. In addition, there is a need for 50 volunteers to work on the day of the event in activities such helping artists move items to their booth sites, staffing the information booth, helping serve food, acting as crossing guards, and many other tasks.
Let us know if you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities. Tentative dates of events and meetings are listed in the calendar or email VEGreenline@gmail.com for information.. There are also Cleanup Events sessions at the V&E Stationhouse or other sites that are announced to interested residents through email so please, get on the email announcement list.